WE OFFER A VARIETY OF CREATIVE SERVICES TO SUIT INDIVIDUAL NEEDS
Platelet rich plasma, commonly referred to as “PRP’, is a non-operative, permanent solution for conditions such as arthritis and ligament/tendon sprains and tears. Utilizing the body’s natural healing process, PRP therapy is a concentration of platelets that are injected into the damaged ligaments, tendons, and joints to promote tissue repair and accelerate healing. Platelets are rich in growth and healing factors which means, on average, an injured individual can get back to a pain-free life in four to six weeks.
PRP was made popular by professional athletes and weekend warriors through its treatment of season-ending symptoms including swelling, stiffness, inflammation, tenderness, and pain.
Platelet rich plasma injections are most effective for the following conditions:
• Lumbar spine disc pain
• Rotator cuff injuries, including partial-thickness
• Shoulder pain and instability
• Tennis and golfer’s elbow
• Hamstring and hip strains
• Knee sprains and instability
• Patellofemoral syndrome and patellar tendonitis
• Ankle sprains
• Achilles tendonitis & plantar fasciitis
• Knee, hip, and other joint osteoarthritis
• Nerve entrapment syndromes, such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• Sacroiliac (SI) joint dysfunction and pain
• Lumbar and cervical facet dysfunction and pain
Additionally, PRP can be effective for many cases of osteoarthritis by stimulating healing of cartilage and reducing pain and disability. This includes:
• Knee arthritis
• Hip joint arthritis
• Shoulder arthritis
• Ankle arthritis
PRP today is one of the most commonly asked for procedures for hair growth and skin rejuvenation. This technique which was initially used in diabetic ulcers or wounds to improve their healing has become a popular treatment today in clinical aesthetic practice essentially owing to its safety profile, as it’s the patient’s own blood which is used for treatment.
How does it work?
Platelets have essential growth factors in them which are utilized in this procedure to help hair growth and to impart radiance to the skin. Here 20 ml of the patient’s whole blood is taken and is subjected to a centrifugation process to achieve a platelet rich concentrate. This concentrate is then harvested and activated so that the platelets can release their growth factors, which are simultaneously injected into the scalp or the facial skin for them to do the needful. The growth factors then help in nourishing the hair and skin amongst other important things.
Where all can PRP be done?
1. Androgenetic alopecia or patterned hair fall in males and females.
2. Diffuse hair fall in males and females
3. For nourishment of the skin – particularly suited for fine lines and mild wrinkles, dehydrated and dull skin. This is also popularly known as the vampire facelift as the patient’s own blood is utilized for rejuvenation of the skin.
4. Non-healing wounds
Is the procedure painful / when can I resume work?
At Veya Aesthetics we take care to impart minimal pain to the patient while carrying out this procedure. Local injectable or topical anesthesia is used for the procedure and patients are usually comfortable during and post the procedure. One can resume work straightaway after the procedure.
Who is the ideal candidate for PRP?
While there is no literature on the ideal candidate,
a) A young patient (25-35 years of age) with patterned hair fall
b) An individual, who is not more than Hamilton – Norwood grade III/IV not keen on going in for hair transplant procedure.
c) In preparation for hair transplant
d) Individuals with dehydrated and dull skin and / or fine lines and mild wrinkling.
Is it safe?
PRP has a great safety profile as it’s the patient’s own blood injected back into their skin leading to minimal chances of untoward reactions. The patient may experience a sensation of heaviness in scalp lasting for not more than 1-2 hours.