Growth factor are substances which are active in stimulating the growth of cells and tissues.
Some growth factors are similar to hormones in that they can be secreted into the blood stream, which carries them to their target tissues.
Growth Factor is a protein molecule made by the body; it functions to regulate cell division & cell survival. Growth factors can also be produced by genetic engineering in the laboratory and used in biological therapy.
rowth factors bind to receptors on the cell surface, with the result of activating cellular proliferation and/or differentiation. Growth factors are quite versatile, stimulating cellular division in numerous different cell types; while others are specific to a particular cell-type. Growth factors are proteins that promote cell growth.
Growth factors are proteins that function as growth stimulators (mitogens) and/or growth inhibitors, stimulate cell migration, act as chemotactic agents, inhibit cell migration, inhibit invasion of tumor cells, modulate differentiated functions of cells, involved in apoptosis, involved in angiogenesis and promote survival of cells without influencing growth and differentiation.
Growth factors secret diffusible factors that are identified in the conditioned medium of cell cultures. Growth factors are present in membrane-anchored forms. Growth factors act in an autocrine, paracrine, juxtacrine or retrocrine manner.
What are Growth Factors?
Growth Factors are naturally-occurring peptides that promote cellular growth, proliferation, and differentiation, processes that are key to the skin’s repair, renewal and regeneration.
Why are Growth Factors important to use in skin care?
Since the body’s own production of growth factors slows with aging, topical supplementation is even more important for anti-aging and skin rejuvenation. Scientific studies have shown that dermal application of growth factors can improve the skin’s texture and elasticity by rejuvenating its cellular proliferation and healing process.
What forms of Growth Factor are available?
We have many applications using Growth Factors:
- Solutions- infused during microchanneling treatments
- Serums- used during facials or utilized post-treatment after any procedure. Serums can be purchased and continued at home to enhance the benefits of any skin treatment.
- Masks- used post-treatment after any procedure
- SkinMedica skin care with TNS growth factors
What are the key ingredients of the growth factor solutions/serums/masks?
Made specifically for the DermaFrac™ to use during infusion with microchanneling or to apply topically post-treatment, the Growth Factor Rejuvenation Complex (GF-R) is a rich blend of growth factors, moisturizers, peptides and vitamins.
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF): promotes regeneration of the epidermis as well as the generation of granulation tissue for healing
- Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF): important in the restoration of a more youthful appearance of the skin
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7: peptides improve the appearance of fine lines and increase elasticity of the skin
- Hyaluronic Acid: adds volume and helps protect the skin from moisture loss creating a supple appearance
- Vitamins C, B2, D2, B3, B6, H, B5: these vital nutrients help guard against free radical damage while increasing resistance to photo-aging and supporting cell metabolism
- Copper Peptides (GHK-Cu): this is exclusive to the treatment solution; promotes healing while reducing inflammation and helps stimulate collagen synthesis which improves the appearance of fine lines